The 1st of December will be #AntarcticaDay, the day that we celebrate the signature of the Antarctic Treaty, which occurred on the 1st of December 1959. This treaty’s most important provisions include: Antarctica should remain a scientific preserve, freedom of scientific investigation, including cooperation, are key. But also, it preserves the continent from military activity or territorial claims. All articles and rules can be found in details on the official Antarctic Treaty System website.
APECS Belgium wants to celebrate #AntarcticaDay with you by organizing a fun polar quiz!
On the 1st of December morning, we will post a link to the quiz on this page (***so come back and check this page on the 1st***). You will then have until the 6th of December to do it (yup, St Nicholas day!) ! You can do it alone, with friends, family, that’s up to you! (also… shhhhh… but there *might* be a prize…!)
A few quiz rules:
- There will be 5 rounds of questions and 20 minutes to do it all!
- You’ll be timed, and the fastest participant with most good answers will be our winner!
- Have a paper and pen ready…
- There’ll be a version in Dutch, a version in French and a version in English, so you can choose the language you’re most comfortable with! 🙂 aaaaaand there will be a winner for each language!
- You are welcome to sign up either alone or as a team, however, keep in mind that there will be one prize for the “group”!
Good luck, may the odds be ever in your favor!!!!